Sunday, 1 February 2015

January Wrap-Up and February TBR Pile and January Challenges Wrap-Up!

It's February! My birthday month! As of today my birthday is in 10 days, save the date peoples. Kidding! Maybe. 


January was actually a pretty good reading month for me! I read 11 books which is a lot more than I thought I would read. I also (mostly) followed my TBR pile which practically never happens (I read 5/8 of the books!). 

The books I read this month are:
Mortal Coil (Skulduggery Pleasant, #5)Death Bringer (Skulduggery Pleasant, #6)Kingdom of the Wicked (Skulduggery Pleasant, #7)The Dagger in the Desk (Lockwood & Co., #1.5)Lies BeneathDays of Blood and Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #2)Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School, #1)Paper or PlasticWhere She WentThe Secrets Between You and Me (Stolen Kisses #2)One of the Guys

I read some pretty good books this month! I LOVED the three Skulduggery Pleasant books, I freaking LOVED Where She Went (it made me cry), I - eventually - really enjoyed Days of Blood and Starlight and I also LOVED One of the Guys! Paper or Plastic and The Dagger in the Desk was also enjoyable. I was extremely disappointed with Etiquette and Espionage, as well as with Lies Beneath and The Secrets Between You and Me. However, I read some pretty good things this month!

What I want to Read this Month:
The Boy Next DoorFairy Tale Reform School: FlunkedColonial Madness

The Boy Next Door is the monthly book club read and Flunked and Colonial Madness are arcs I still need to read for the next two months! 

Challenges Wrap-Up:

Netgalley/Edelweiss Reading Challenge:
1. One of the Guys
2. Paper or Plastic
3. The Dagger in the Desk
4. The Secrets Between You and Me

4/10

2015 TBR Pile Reading Challenge:
1. Lies Beneath
2. Days of Blood and Starlight
3. Etiquette and Espionage
4. Mortal Coil
5. Death Bringer
6. Kingdom of the Wicked
7. Where She Went

7/11-20

Doing well so far, I think! How are your challenges going and what books did you read this month?

5 comments:

  1. I didn't know February was your birthday mont! that's so exciting! :D Is it on the 10th or 11th?


    It looks like you had a really good reading month! I can't wait to read One of the Guys, your review made me so excited to read it! I've read Changeless by Gail Carriger, and I have to say that it left me very underwhelmed too. I don't think I'll continue with that series or this one...


    And The Boy Next Door! I really want to read it!


    Great post Kyra :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's on the 11th! :D Ooh you must read One of the Guys - let me know what you think of it! I miss the characters so much haha! I really hope the author writes a companion novel! :') I'll let you know how The Boy Next Door is! :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. BIRTHDAYS ARE THE BEST.


    Yes, I definitely will! I always feel sad when I get attached to characters of standalones because there'll be no more stories about them :(


    I will totally be looking out for your review once you read it :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's my birthday month, too. :) Happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHH LOOKEE AT ALL THAT SKULDUGGERY. I have book 5 and I just kinda got distracted by review books and new releases and urghhh. I'm worried because Skulduggery keeps hurting my feels. AHEM.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I appreciate every single comment and they always make my day. I love making new bookish friends so don't be afraid to say hi! :) x