Tuesday, 20 January 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #26 - Top Ten Series I Want to Finish


This lovely meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!

I am one of those people that is absolutely terrible finishing series. I'll see a book at the library and I'll get it out, read it, realise it's a part of a series, and add it to my mental "series-to-finish" list. This year, I really, really want to try to finish some of these series and here are some of my top ones! (The book covers are the books I still need to read in order to complete the series - they will take you to its Goodreads page)

1. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare 
City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6)

During my next holidays I'll be reading this. I wanted to read it during the holidays but then my got life got sucked up by the Skulduggery Pleasant series, which I also have yet to finish. 

2. The Skulduggery Pleasany series by Derek Landy
Last Stand of Dead Men (Skulduggery Pleasant, #8)The Dying of the Light (Skulduggery Pleasant, #9)

SQUEEEE this series is SO good and I am way too emotionally attached to the characters. Apparently these two are going to leave me heartbroken. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't terrified.

3. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5)Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6)Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)

I KNOW, I KNOW. I was going to read it in the holidays but like I said, I was kind of addicted to the Skulduggery Pleasant series. BUT SOON, my friends. Sooooon.

4. The Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy by Laini Taylor
Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3)

I read the second book last week and I loved it! I was bored out of my mind for the first 200 pages but then I fell totally in love with it. I really need this book because I am desperate to know what happens. Also, these covers are beautiful.

5. Anna and the French Kiss Trilogy/Companion Novels by Stephanie Perkins
Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3)

I love love LOVE Stephanie Perkins' books and I'm sure I'll enjoy this too! I read a couple of pages a few months ago but then I put it down because I wasn't in the mood for a contemporary. I really need to pick this up soon!

6. Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles, #3)Beautiful Redemption (Caster Chronicles, #4)

I was uncertain of reading Beautiful Creatures due to all the negative reviews I read but I loved it and I desperately want to continue the series!

7. The Books of Beginning by John Stephens
Blank-133x176
It hasn't got a cover yet, but I'm sure it will be fabulous. I LOVE this series, it's a fantastically well-written middle-grade fantasy and I highly recommend it! It's coming out this year, so hopefully I'll be able to read it and completely the trilogy.

8. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)

I read Cinder two years ago and I LOVED it (it also got me out of a terrible reading slump!) and I have Scarlet and Cress that I've been meaning to read. I CAN'T WAIT TO CONTINUE THIS SERIES.

9. The Shatter Me Trilogy by Tahereh Mafi
Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2)Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3)

I absolutely adored Shatter Me and I've been meaning to read the rest of the series but they don't have them at my library and they're very expensive in South Africa! I want the physical books because they're so pretty but I might have to just buy it on my Kindle!

10. The Lorien Legacies by Pittacus Lore
The Rise of Nine (Lorien Legacies, #3)The Fall of Five (Lorien Legacies, #4)The Revenge of Seven (Lorien Legacies, #5)

I read the first two and quite enjoyed them. I have gotten the last 3 to review and I really want to read them and complete the series soon!

12 comments:

  1. You have not finished the HP series?? :O haha my friend recently told me she had never read nor watched any of the HP books and films and I nearly dropped down dead. HP was literally my childhood! I also really need to read the City of Heavenly Fire but I have to reread the rest of the series and that is not happening anytime soon!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there was a priority list HP should be on top! :D
    The Lunar Chronicles & Shatter Me are all AMAZING and so is Isla!
    I haven't finished the Lorien Legacies either, I don't really know whether I want to. I liked it, it's just been so long.


    Great list Kyra! :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for Winter to come out so I can finish the Lunar Chronicles series...will also be a bit said, though, because it's such an amazing series! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heck, with everyone harassing me for not reading or watching the Harry Potter franchise, I really should endeavour to start on them, stat. :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the Shatter Me books, and Isla and the Happily Ever After was one of my favorite books of 2014. I still have to read Cress and I can't wait until Winter comes out later this year.
    Here is my Top Ten
    Tuesday
    .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really loved the first book in John Stephens series. The Emerald Atlas, right? I don't know why I've never continued it! :O I also really want to continue with the Lunar Chronicles series (I've only read Cinder too)! & despite not really enjoyed some TMI books all that much, I adored the last book.
    I'm one of those people that didn't like Beautiful Creatures...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to finish so many of these series as well. Beautiful Creatures, Immortal Instruments, Lunar chronicles, Shatter Me, daughter of smoke and bone, and Anna and the French Kiss. I've started all these but have totally procrastinated finishing them. I don't know why, but Im terrible when it comes to finishing series as well. I hate saying goodbye to characters I love

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also suck at completing series.
    I just read Cinder a couple of weeks ago and for some reasons I'm still hesitating on picking up Scarlet. But hopefully I'll be motivated to read it next.
    I finished the Shatter Me trilogy and it was more of a so-so series me. Although I have to admit that it ended well :)

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl I'm with ya right there. I FAIL at finishing series. I still need to read Heavenly Fire (not that I really want to) and gah yes Cress! I just got notified that my US paperback preorder is coming so I should get on with it then.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HOLY MY HEART STOPPED. HARRY POTTER, KYRA! SOON ASAP PRIORITY STATUS, PLS!


    Oooh enjoy the rest of the Shatter Me series! It's one of my absolute favourites! (ESP BOOK THREE) I'm actually quite caught up with my series, surprisingly. Maybe it's because I binge all the time??

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, I need to finish so many of these series as well! The Mortal Instruments, Shatter Me, The Caster Chronicles, Cinder... way too many haha! BUT OMG FINISH HARRY POTTER!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't get a chance to respond to any of the Top 10 Freebie lists from last week, but finishing a series for me is also a problem, as it seems to be with a lot of people. Since I didn't participate, I drew up a quick list of some series off the top of my head I really want to finish:
    Mortal Instruments (need to read 4 and 5)
    Tiger's Curse (just need to finish the last book)
    Beautiful Creatures (need to finish the first book)
    Iron Fey (I'm about half way through the entire series)
    Mara Dyer (Started book 2 but never finished)
    Shannara by Terry Brooks (So behind, but the original trilogy is being turned into a TV show)
    Outlander (only read books 1 & 2()
    Unearthly (only read book 1)
    Starcrossed (Also only read book 1)
    Lux (I have the last 2 books to read)


    There are two problems I can see for myself at least. If I read the books as they come out, I tend to forget a lot of the details, so I either hold off until the series is complete or reread before moving onto the next book. The other issue is that I like to change up the story. If I have a long series to read, I am going to have to switch it off, so I don't get burned out.


    Great post!


    Tammy @! Bo's Book Nook

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I appreciate every single comment and they always make my day. I love making new bookish friends so don't be afraid to say hi! :) x