Monday, 12 January 2015

Bout of Books 12.0 Wrap-Up

Bout of Books

Yesterday, the final day of Bout of Books 12.0, I read 206 pages of Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor! At first I couldn't really get into it and struggled to find my footing as it had been awhile since I read the first but now I'm really enjoying!

In total I read 3 books, which isn't all that good but I'm proud of page count which is 1422 
pages! It's better than my page count for the last readathon (1278 pages) but not as good as my first Goodreads count which was 2230 pages but I hope that in my next readathon I can beat that amount haha! ;) 

In this week I managed to read:
Kingdom of the Wicked (Skulduggery Pleasant, #7)Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School, #1)Lies Beneath

I LOVED Kingdom of the Wicked, it was really good! Etiquette and Espionage dragged on quite a bit and wasn't what I expected (review here) and Lies Beneath reminded me of Wake by Amanda Hocking but it sadly, wasn't nearly addictive! Maybe I'm in a Skulduggery Pleasant hangover or something, I don't know!

How's was your Bout of Books?

Monday:
Number of pages read today: 400
Number of books read today: 0
Number of pages read in total: 400
Number of books read in total: 0

Tuesday:
Number of pages read today: 136
Number of books read today: BUT I NEARLY FINISHED IT
Number of pages read in total: 536
Number of books read in total: 0. Meh.

Wednesday:
Number of pages read today: 67
Number of books read today: 1
Number of pages read in total: 603
Number of books read in total: 1. HA. Finally!

Thursday:
Number of pages read today: 206
Number of books read today: 1
Number of pages read in total: 809
Number of books read in total: 1 but very nearly 2.

Friday:
Number of pages read today: 87
Number of books read today: 1
Number of pages read in total: 896
Number of books read in total: 2

Saturday:
Number of pages read today: 320
Number of books read today: 1
Number of pages read in total: 1216
Number of books read in total: 3

Sunday:
Number of pages read today: 206
Number of books read today: 0
Number of pages read in total: 1422
Number of books read in total: 3

11 comments:

  1. You did really well! I kind of like going by page numbers too. I just started doing it this readathon. Especially with readathons because then I get discouraged when I don't read a lot of books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic! I didn't join this readathon, because I'm typically working. I know I just won't have the time to devote it on a goal, but well done, you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on a successful BoB! Glad you had a great time. Here's how my Bout of Books 12 ended up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the successful BoB! I like that you out the focus on the page count instead of the amount of books read. I'll have to try it that way next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A friend told me like THERE ARE SO MANY DEATHS in Skulduggery and now I'm scared. *gulps* I still haven't got the next book out, but I'm trying to wittle down my tbr before I descend on the library again. >.>

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I also prefer going by page numbers as you could read a book with over 1000 pages which would qualify as one book or you could read five thinner books that might only amount to 900 pages or something - pages encourage me more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! :) I wasn't going to join as I was starting school that week but luckily I managed to fit a few books in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! I find it a much better way of measuring how much I've read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I KNOW! I read reviews for the 8th book and everyone's like "this is what pain feels like" and "I'm sobbing" and now I'm terrified.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You finished 3 books! Why is that not good? I mean, that's quite the amount of pages you've read. Wow, I should really read Skulduggery Pleasant, you love it so much. I shall have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I appreciate every single comment and they always make my day. I love making new bookish friends so don't be afraid to say hi! :) x