Tuesday, 4 March 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #12 - Top Ten Popular Authors I've Never Read

Top Ten Popular Authors I've Never Read

Here are my top ten authors that I haven't yet read! I know, I'm ashamed.

 

1. John Green
Yep. I haven't read a John Green. I don't like reading books with illnesses as it saddens me and I can be quite a hypochondriac, so reading TFiOS or such would cause me to become more of a worrier. I do want to try his other books though!

2. Lauren Oliver
I have Delirium on my Kindle but for some bizarre reason I have never her books up! I've heard quite negative things on her books, so maybe that's the reason?

3. Gayle Forman
I have Just One Day and Just One Year sitting on my bookshelf but I still haven't gotten around to reading it.

4. Lauren Kate
I received Teardrop to review, I still haven't picked it up though. I have gotten Fallen out the library a few times but I don't think I'd really enjoy it because it seems a bit like Hush Hush, and I didn't enjoy that at all.

5. Lauren DeStefano
I bought Wither two years ago and it's still sitting on my shelf, unread. *looks down in shame*

6. Richelle Mead
I haven't read the Vampire Academy books. Disgusting, I know. I hate vampire books though, they're too bloody O.o I did receive the first VA book to review though...

7. Maggie Stiefvater
I've heard that her Raven Boys novel is AMAZING as well as the Shiver trilogy but I keep putting off reading her books. I do not know why -_-

8. Kiera Cass
I haven't read The Selection yet, I've been meaning to buy it and the other day, I did! So I shall be reading that very shortly!

9. Michelle Hodkin
I have heard from EVERYONE how amazing the Mara Dyer series is and I REALLY WANT TO READ IT but I can't find it anywhere! Maybe one day I shall order it from The Book Depository!

10. Rainbow Rowell
Everywhere I look I see rave reviews for Fangirl and Eleanor & Park. I LOVE contemporaries, so I will definitely be on the lookout for these!


8 comments:

  1. John Green and Rainbow Rowell made my list today, too, though several of these I haven't read and are on my TBR list. Great picks! So many authors, so little time. *Sigh* :D
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read John Green and Rainbow Rowell and that's it. (And those were both because of my book club).

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great list of potentials when you get to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good list, I haven't read anything by Lauren Oliver, Lauren Kate, Lauren DeStefano, or Rainbow Rowell. I have read three John Green books and they have all been great, I can understand why you would want to avoid The Fault in Our Stars but the first half of the book is actually quite funny and romantic rather than depressing, Looking for Alaska was my favorite book I've read of him but it's second half is pretty sad so I guess if you want to avoid sadness at all cost I would recommend An Abundance of Katherines even though it was my least favorite of his books I've read. I love Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver trilogy especially the second book Linger because there were so many great character moments through out although most people don't really care or notice how important those moments are and therefore they think the second book is the weakest in the series rather than the strongest, so yeah I recommend those books although you may hear mix feelings about those books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For John Green I would definitely recommend Paper Towns. I'm not the biggest fan of Lauren Oliver, but if you had to go with one I think I would go for Before I Fall. My favorite Gayle Forman is actually, If I Stay, which I think is beautifully written. And lastly, Rainbow Rowell. All I have to say go forth and read. Honestly, she is a fantastic writer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen John Green on several lists. Glad I'm not alone! I don't really like reading sad books, either.

    Read the first in Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver series and was disappointed and bored. I haven't picked up any of her other works.

    Here's my TTT for the week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have read 6 out of 10 of these Authors and I really recommend Michelle Hodkin and Lauren DeStefano! Hope you get round to reading some of these Authors soon :) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, just checking out your blog for the first time :) Let me know what you think of The Selection!! I read both of Cass's books and LOVED them even though I thought I wouldn't because they sound like the Bachelor... Check out my blog if you have time:) http://michelle-gaudet.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I appreciate every single comment and they always make my day. I love making new bookish friends so don't be afraid to say hi! :) x