My Goals for 2014!


Happy New Year, everyone! I hope you all have a fantastic one!

 

I actually had a pretty good year! It was quite a stressful one at times though, with the whole drama with our house building and not being able to live in it for a few months because the builders messed up our floors and there was a chemical smell being released. We are finally living in our house and I am so thankful to God that it finally worked out!

I hope 2014 will be a good year for all of us!

For now I want to talk about my goals/resolutions for the new year, as we'll as my accomplishments for 2013!

My 2013 Accomplishments:
1. I got my anxiety more under-control. The year before last, I started getting severe anxiety that had me having panic attacks several times a day and not being able to go anywhere. At the end of 2012 I decided I was going to try and stop getting anxious and control my anxiety. In 2013 I rarely had panic attacks, I was able to go out and to friends and start participating in the extra-murals that I quit due to my anxiety. I know it doesn't seem like such a big thing because I know there are people struggling with more severe problems out there, but for me it was a big deal. I'm really proud of myself that I am finally getting it under control!

2. I started dancing again, which I have a great passion for and I am so glad to be back at the studio. I also joined hip hop and I love it!

3. I got my school work, which I hadn't been able to receive as it was so hectic with the whole house thing, but I now have my work and I am doing well and loving it!

4. Got better at guitar playing! I can now play quite a few songs as well picking patterns instead of normal strumming, too!

5. I am also finally able to do the splits and I am incredibly proud! It took some work to get there as well as lots of painful morning stretch routines, so, yay me!

My Goals for 2014:
1. Review more of my review books! I am disgusted by my ratio on Netgalley and I really want to spend this year increasing it!

2. Start piano lessons and maybe ballet!

3. Lead a healthier lifestyle! I eat a LOT of chocolate and I think it's about time that I start eating less sugary/processed foods, as well as get more sleep.

4. Become more relaxed with blogging and reading. Lately blogging has started to feel like a chore, and I don't want that to happen, as it's for fun!

5. Be a more positive person. I can be quite negative sometimes and it's not good to be like that, so from now on I'm going to make sure I'm an optimist!

So, those are the things I'm going to focus on this year! What about you? :)