Top Ten Beach Reads (Books that I have read and recommend)
It's actually winter over here in Africa at the moment, so I should be doing a post on winter reads! :P I absolutely love summer though and when it is summer I'm always on the lookout for new summery reads! :D Below are books that I have read that are quite good for summer :D
1. Smart Girls Get They Want doesn't necessarily take place on the beach or during summer, but it's a great,cute contemporary!
2. Life After Theft takes place on a beach, a contemporary novel with a twist, it's also an addictive read!
3. The Summer I Turned Pretty takes place in a beach house, on the beach, whilst reading it, it honestly feels like you can hear the waves and feel the sand beneath your feet. The romance in there is also perfect for summer.
4. Kidnap in the Caribbean is a middle-grade mystery novel that takes place in the Caribbean. Although it's a mystery novel, it's still a quick, super-fun read that will honestly make you feel like you are in the Caribbean.
5. Lucky is a nice poolside reach, it's your typical contemporary, there isn't much depth to it, but it's a perfect read for a lazy day.
6. Lula does the Hula is a fun summery novel that has mystery, contemporary, humour and hula-dancing all tied in one!
7. Lily B on the Brink of Paris is a fantastically well-written, and quite hilarious, novel about Lily B and her time in Paris.
8. The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants is about four friends and the places they go on their summer vacation, I completely recommend it!
9. I finished Wonder yesterday, it's such a cute, inspiring story that is lovely to read in summer.
10. My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century is an awesome contemporary novel! Summer, time-travel, Italy and cute Italian boys combined makes this a must-read for summer!