Stacking the Shelves #40 - Fangirl Edition!



I had the best week ever with review copies this week! I got three books in the mail, two days in a row, and it was SO INCREDIBLY AWESOME. You know that happy feeling you get whenever you get a new book? Yep, I'm still on cloud nine. The first day I got books this week was on Wednesday (on my mom's birthday!) and I actually thought it was baboons because the dogs were barking so much, then the people we house-sharing/living right next door to called me and said it was the courier. So by then my heart was all fluttery and I was completely and utterly surprised that the courier was here. So I got it, and I saw it was from Random Struik (Random House) and I did a complete and utter happy dance! And when I opened the parcel I was super excited with the books in it! Which I will show you now! And then the next day, Thursday, I heard the dogs barking, but they bark at everything, and I wasn't expecting to get more books this week because, well, it's never happened before. And then one of the older kids from next door has something behind his back and said, "Guess what I have?" and then I said "Courier?" and he smiled and held out the package and then I did another happy dance. 
THANK YOU SO MUCH RANDOM STRUIK, I LOVE YOU GUYS!

 photo 2d08f982-4205-4393-9e0b-bc7e8ac0f647_zps66a4b9f5.jpg
Aren't they beautiful?! I received Witch & Wizard: Kiss and Just One Day on Wednesday and Skylark on Thursday!
 photo 94edaeee-e45e-4750-b214-d6184f3941b1_zpsff8b109d.jpg

For Review:
1. Witch & Wizard: Kiss - James Patterson
I absolutely ADORED Confessions of a Murder Suspect so I am looking forward to starting this series! I will have to read the other three first so hopefully ordering that from the Book Depository soon!

The Kiss (Witch & Wizard, #4)
Whit and Wisty Allgood, a witch and wizard with extraordinary abilities, have defeated the ruthless dictator who long overshadowed their world. But for the first time in their lives, the powerful brother and sister find themselves at odds as Wisty is drawn to a mysterious and magical stranger named Heath. 

Wisty has never felt as free as she does with Heath, especially when the two of them share and test their magic together. But when a merciless Wizard King from the mountains suddenly threatens war, Wisty must make an excruciating choice. Will she unite with Whit to fight the mounting dangers that could return their world to a tyrant's domain? Or will she trust the beautiful boy who has captured her heart? 

James Patterson's epic dystopian saga continues as the witch and wizard who have inspired countless imaginations must rally together before the world they fought to save collapses.


2. Just One Day - Gayle Forman
Guys. When I saw this I literally shrieked. I have heard that Gayle Forman is amazing! Can't wait to read this!
Just One Day (Just One Day #1)
When sheltered American good girl Allyson "LuLu" Healey first meets laid-back Dutch actor Willem De Ruiter at an underground performance of Twelfth Night in England, there’s an undeniable spark. After just one day together, that spark bursts into a flame, or so it seems to Allyson, until the following morning, when she wakes up after a whirlwind day in Paris to discover that Willem has left. Over the next year, Allyson embarks on a journey to come to terms with the narrow confines of her life, and through Shakespeare, travel, and a quest for her almost-true-love, to break free of those confines.

3. Skylark - Meagan Spooner
I was supposed to get this when my copy of Wonder arrived but it never did, so I'm so happy that it finally came! It looks fantastic and I can't wait to read it!! 
Skylark (Skylark, #1)
Vis in magia, in vita vi. In magic there is power, and in power, life.
For fifteen years, Lark Ainsley waited for the day when her Resource would be harvested and she would finally be an adult. After the harvest she expected a small role in the regular, orderly operation of the City within the Wall. She expected to do her part to maintain the refuge for the last survivors of the Wars. She expected to be a tiny cog in the larger clockwork of the city.
Lark did not expect to become the City’s power supply.
For fifteen years, Lark Ainsley believed in a lie. Now she must escape the only world she’s ever known . . . or face a fate more unimaginable than death.