Blog of a Bookaholic Blogoversary Kick-Off - Day 1

 

Guys. It's my blogoversary. It seems surreal that I have been blogging for ONE WHOLE YEAR. When I first started blogging I never thought I would have have gained so many wonderful followers and readers in a year. I love you guys so much and you are seriously made of awesome. *Hands out cupcakes and free books*

I still remember the night I made my blog. I just went on Blogger, created my blog, made it look pretty (didn't even know you got free backgounds/headers) and then just typed my first post saying what the blog was about. When I look back at my first posts, it doesn't make me duck my head in shame, but it shows me how far I have come. I use to write reviews that were five or six sentences long, and all that I included in the review was the title and the author and my short thoughts on the book, now I write reviews that are five or six paragraphs (sometime longer) long. I'm so proud of how much better my writing has become, my knowledge of the internet and some basic HTML that I have learnt! Which, is awesome,  and when I get something right with HTML it makes me feel like I am a genius :P

I have had so many amazing experiences with my blog and there's a lot of people I can thank for that! Thank you to all my wonderful book blogging friends; Zoe, Jessica, Lucy, Jasmine, Rebekah, Rebecca, Terrie-Maree, Tammy, Monique, Annabell and Eileen and many more! But I will thank them all in another post later this week, as they are all totally awesome and deserve their own post.

Thank you to the wonderful publishers who have sent me books to review, whenever I see the delivery truck it makes my whole week. No lie. Thank you to: Penguin South Africa, Random Struik, Pan Macmillan, Jonathan Ball/Harper Collins, Readers Warehouse and all the authors who have sent me their books to review. But like my book-bloggy buddies, you amazing people deserve your own post and you shall get that! :D 

Here are some of my stats.  It may be a lot less then what other bloggers have achieved in one year, but I am super proud of all that I have accomplished. Did I mention that I love you guys? *happy crying*

Stats:
GFC Followers: 403
EEK! I reached 400 followers last week on my blog. I am so ecstatic and I can't believe that I have reached such a huge number! >.<

Twitter Followers: 468
I created a Twitter account back in August 2012, and I can't believe I had been blogging without it! I have met so many amazing  bookish people on Twitter and I absolutely love talking to them! Twitter is also a great way to network your blog.

Tweets: 8084
Wow. That's actually quite a big number. Well, when books are involved, you can't get me to stop talking! :P

Posts: 305 posts!
305 posts all filled with bookishness :D

Reviews: 72
Not that much unfortunately...will definitely try and up

Comments: 1384
Awww, thank you so much! Every comment I receive literally makes my day! I absolutely love hearing what people have to say about one of my blog posts! :)

That's all for today! Tomorrow we will be looking at my best blogging moments, best books I've read and, of course, my AMAZING, WONDERFUL bloggy buddies! x