Blog of a Bookaholic Blogoversary Day 7 - Interview with Eileen from ***Singing and Reading in the Rain***!



1. Hey Eileen! :D Tell us about your Spazzy Alligator self and your amazing blog, ***Singing and Reading in the Rain***, otherwise known as the Unicorn?

Singing and Reading in the RainWELL. I am Eileen! I want to be a singer when I grow up (although I'm starting to wonder if my voice is any good) and I have a YouTube channel HERE! (Why yes, I did just do shameless self promotion. *bows dramatically* Also, if you came over and told me what you think I would love you so hard. The Spazzy Alligator speaks the truth) I like to find patterns in things that really only complicate everything, and I also am quite crazy. Have you seen me on six hours of sleep? Well, technically I'm functioning on six hours of sleep as we speak and

OMG I AM WATCHING LES MISÉRABLES WITH MY FRIEND TOMORROW AND IT IS GOING TO BE AWESOME BECAUSE I'M GETTING IT ON DEMAND AND WE ARE GOING TO PAUSE AND REWIND AND CRY SO HARD. AND THEN WE ARE GOING TO PRACTICE ON MY OWN TOGETHER, WHICH, AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE. I HAVE A PRETTY BAD VOICE. Well, maybe not. Who even knows. I'm like, a confused soul. Get what I mean? *eats ice cream from carton*
EEK! I really want to watch Les Mis...but I want to read the book first :P And Eileen, you do have a good voice, don't doubt yourself or...um, I can't think of anything right now. But I will. *crazed stare* 

And my blog is kind of my extension! If you ever visit, you will be bombarded with awkward reviews, even awkwarder covers that I love and take pride in for no legitimate reason, and the occasional vlog! My bloggypoo is pretty unremarkable, so if you ever choose to come over, be reminded that you may leave in like a few minutes, but thank you for coming. And if you do come, you can click that YouTube icon at the top and be all like, "Let's check out her covers!" I'm not kidding. Please do it. *begs*

PS—I also have OCD. The fact that I sometimes switch between the substitution property of equality and the transitive property of equality on geometry proofs with abandon really annoys me. I curse you, proofs. 

2. Whose your favourite author and if you saw them at some random place what would your first words be? ;)

Julie Kagawa: *walking down the street*

Me: YOU'RE JULIE KAGAWA I THINK I'M GOING TO DIE I LOVE YOU SO MUCH CAN I BE YOU?

3. You're a really fast reader, how many books have you read this year and what has been your favourite? XD
I'm actually really behind on my goal this time! I usually set it for 200 books and so far I'm at 32 O_O Hashtag awkward. I think I need to lower that goal because, seriously, I have no time. Why is blogging/singing/school/reading so impossible?
That's still pretty good..*looks at my Goodreads Challenge widget that shows I am waayyy behind*

4. Do you remember how we became bloggy buddies? :P

OKAY I GOT THIS. I GOT THIS. I GOT THIS!

Give me a minute.

I know it started off with Goodreads, and I think you messaged me and was either like "I have a question about blogging" or it was a "How did you do THIS on your blog (aka blog roll or SOMETHING like that)" and then we kept Goodreadsing, and THEN, we Twittered, and THEN there were a few emails, and THEN I remember bombarding you with -.- and then our BlackBerries would be stupid and say we got put into Twitter jail when REALLY our "API Limit" was just expiring and then you'd have to wait like FOR. EVER. And I remember you getting super excited about getting books from Random House and saying they would send you books and IT WAS REALLY FUN.
*wipes tear away* I remember it as if it was yesterday *clutches blankie to chest and sniffle* And I know, I got so frustrated when our Blackberries did that O_O

5. What are your favourite croissant toppings and if you could have a pet unicorn, what would its name be and how would it look?

OMG MY DREAM QUESTION RIGHT HERE. RIGHT. HERE.

Well, I usually have a croissant normal, since I don't have Nutella (Everyone says it's a great topping BUT I'VE NEVER HAD IT.) So, by default, my favorite topping is chocolate! I have all of these semisweet chocolate chips lying around my house and I just smack them on top and call it a day! But recently, I'm on a self-inflicted croissant ban. Long story involving wearing a bikini for the first time in half a decade, spring break, and some weird diet process. I plan to eat tons of food when I finally rock that bikini, though. JUST YOU WAIT. Although, with a week to go, it hasn't been going good so far.

But, I would name my unicorn...give me another minute...keep waiting...hold it...turn to the left...rotate 180 degrees...close your eyes...keep closing...blink rapidly...start flailing and spazzy alligator-ing...ignore the concerned questions from friends and family if you're having a seizure...

I would name my unicorn Sparkles. And it would be sparkly and shiny and PINK. And it would have a rainbow tail. And it would love me. And it would talk so I could fangirl to it when all of my bloggy friends aren't there.
Pink. If I were to have a unicorn it would so be pink! ;) Best. Colour. EVER.

6. How is Cecilia doing? :P

She's doing really well, thanks for asking! I've been on her nonstop for the last few weeks until just recently when I got my first physical books for the first time in like a month and a half so I've put her down ;) I need to buy some books for her, though! Even if they are just freebies; and I need a case for her too. She looks so naked.

Being "on" Cecilia sounds so dirty. And that doesn't help the fact that I just said "She looks so naked." *washes brain with soap
If you hadn't pointed that out, I'm pretty sure no one would have noticed the dirtiness in that sentence. *gasp* Eileen, you need to seriously have a brain clean. O_O
Quickfire Questions:
1. The Immortal Rules or The Iron Fey?

The Iron Fey. YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO ASK THIS, KYRA.

2. TV or computer?

Computer BECAUSE you can watch TV shows on the computer through the program's websites. HA.

3. Summer of winter?

I kind of hate them both O_O Because summer is way too hot, and winter is way too cold. I'm more of an autumn person. BUT I would choose summer. Maybe.

4. Contemporary or dystopian?

AHHH if you've seen my reviews I hate like every single book I read. It's always three stars and less and it's horrible. But I have read a few really good books recently, so I'm not on a complete blogging slump. But, considering a lot of my favorite books are contemporaries, I'll choose contemporary!

5. An endless amount of croissants AND a pet unicorn or a real life Ash? :D

Now I need another minute to work my loopholing magic. Which means, consulting the best loopholer I know.

NIKKI GET IN HERE RIGHT NOW. WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE ON A TWITTER AND SOCIAL MEDIA HIATUS? I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS BLASPHEMY.

Fine, so she's gone. Looks like I'm all on my own. *starts singing Les Mis song On My Own*

Official answer: I would pick the real life Ash because I can still buy croissants from Costco, and Ash is a faery so he can just bring me into the Nevernever with him so we can find me a unicorn.

*crosses arms* HA.

Darn it. You're good at loopholing -_-

Thanks for letting me go insane on your blog, Kyra! Who said anything about a mini interview? This is like the next Les Mis over here people. The unabridged edition, which is like a thousand pages.

Haha thank you Eileen for sharing your insanity on my blog :P