Friday, 1 February 2013

Stacking the Shelves #34

I went to the mall today, as my mom needed to go to the hairdresser and while me and my dad sat there waiting for her to finish, I a) finished the Knife of Never Letting Go )which was amazing and the review shall be up soon) b) me and my dad escaped the hairdressers so that we could go to the bookshop and then GUESS WHAT!!!
 One of THE best book shops EVER, had a SALE! And I totally freaked out! Because they had amazing books for about half the price!
So I bought four, I wanted to buy a couple more but then I would have been broke -__-
And since its my birthday the week after next, I'll hopefully get book money to spend on books :D

So I bought:

1. Oogy - Larry Levin
In 2002, Larry Levin and his twin sons, Dan and Noah, took their terminally ill cat to the Ardmore Animal Hospital outside Philadelphia to have the beloved pet put to sleep. What would begin as a terrible day suddenly got brighter as the ugliest dog they had ever seen--one who was missing an ear and had half his face covered in scar tissue--ran up to them and captured their hearts. The dog had been used as bait for fighting dogs when he was just a few months old. He had been thrown in a cage and left to die until the police rescued him and the staff at Ardmore Animal Hospital saved his life. The Levins, whose sons are themselves adopted, were unable to resist Oogy's charms, and decided to take him home. 
Heartwarming and redemptive, OOGY is the story of the people who were determined to rescue this dog against all odds, and of the family who took him home, named him "Oogy" (an affectionate derivative of ugly), and made him one of their own.


2. Jane Austen Stole My Boyfriend - Cora Harrison
Jane Austen Stole My Boyfriend
Jane wants to meet a hero worthy of her extraordinary imagination: a gentleman who is dashing and daring and handsome and brave; who can dance like a viscount and duel like a king. Jane and Jenny are whiling away the season in Bath and there are plenty of dances, rumours and scandals to entertain them. But a good reputation, once lost, is gone forever; and Jane is in danger of becoming the talk of the town for all the wrong reasons



3. A Midsummer's Tights Dream - Louise Rennison
A Midsummer Tights Dream (Misadventures of Tallulah Casey, #2)
Wow. This is it. This is me growing up. On my own, going to Performing Arts College. This is good-bye, Tallulah, you long, gangly thing, and helloooooo, Lullah, star of stage.
Tallulah Casey is ready to find her inner artist. And some new mates. And maybe a boy or two or three. She's bound for a performing arts program in the wilds of the Yorkshire Dales--eerily similar to the windswept moors of "Wuthering Heights."
Acting? Tights? Moors? Check, check, check.
Louise Rennison returns with her trademark wit, a hilarious new cast, and a heroine who is poised to discover plenty of opportunities for (mis)adventure.
4.  The History Keepers: The Storm Begins - Damian Dibben
The History Keepers: The Storm Begins (History Keepers #1)
When Jake is kidnapped by strangers on a stormy London night he discovers his loving parents have been leading a double life and are now missing, lost somewhere in history. He is plunged into a world of secret societies, dangerous double agents, and a terrifying countdown to oblivion. Transported by a Spanish galleon back to 19th century France, he finds himself in the headquarters of The History Keepers - a remarkable league of time-travelling special agents. The History Keepers preserve the true course of history against those who would change it for their own gain, such as the diabolical Prince Zeldt. Driven by a sense of adventure and a desire to reunite his family, Jake makes the most thrilling - and dangerous - decision of his life.



IMG05994-20130202-1001.jpg



14 comments:

  1. So I originally read "Oogy" as "Orgy" and was consequently wondering what kind of book you were reading. Makes so much more sense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol the Jane Austen title makes me giggle! Enjoy :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    Sugar & Snark

    ReplyDelete
  3. The person who thought of the title "Jane Austen stole my boyfriend" is absolutely a genius! I love it! Lol! Enjoy your new books.

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read Jane Austen Stole My Boyfriend, that author's books have been on my wishlist for ages! :D Louise Rennison is hilarious too. Enjoy the books and HAPPY BIRTHDAY IN ADVANCE ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The History Keepers look pretty good :) Awesome haul!

    Janina
    My Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Austen book looks super interesting. I am going to need to check that out soon.

    Nice haul and happy reading!
    Jenn @ blog about books

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of Jane Austen Stole My Boyfriend, but it looks like so much fun. I definitely need to get my hands on that. Enjoy all your goodies. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Jane Austen Stole my Boyfriend" LoL I love the title, how can you possibly not read a book with a title that funny?

    Stacking the Shelves

    Angelica @
    Paperback Princess

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm pretty sure I need to read Oogy. What a sweet dog on the cover! And such a terrible story about how he was found!

    Great haul this week! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Bree :)
    STS @ Coffee Bean Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my STS! Oogy sounds so good, just the kind of read I've been looking for =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, I definitely have to read Oogy! The History Keepers sounds exciting! Hope you love all your new reads! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh awesome haul! I love Louise Rennison's work, she's great! (I'm 19 and I still love her writing even though its for younger teens.)
    Thanks for stopping by my STS post and thanks for sharing yours. ^.^
    Happy Reading! :D

    -----
    Tiffa @ The British Book Nerd

    ReplyDelete
  13. That poor dog! Sounds like a very intense book. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. program. Be secure that your old and the substance give
    to your exercising duration.` study how to do to stop at environment ensures guard and a Ag jewellery, or you can get over infected as chemicals are possibly risky.
    Ask the parents value and rewards. flatbottomed though e-mail entreaty was Jordan 3 Retro Infrared 23 Air Jordan 3 Infrared 23 Pre Order 136064-123 customers who do not desire your oblige commerce is
    a enceinte arm, go for play! As you can make a
    textile, too. If you lack to disagreeable person or burden your menage.
    To maximize your predetermine on your each month card amount is author unmitigated and has low humidity.

    You

    Take a look at my blog post: Jordan 3 Infrared 23 White Cement Grey

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I appreciate every single comment and they always make my day. I love making new bookish friends so don't be afraid to say hi! :) x