What I've Been Reading - I read a lot of books!!


I don't even know who I am right now but I got back from a jog. AN ACTUAL JOG. I started the Couch to 5K programme which I'm really excited about! I workout 4-5 times a week (mainly pilates with some cardio thrown in), but I've wanted to try jogging as a way to improve my endurance and reduce stress. My mental health has been in a bad way the past two weeks because I'm just stuck in my head constantly, so I'm hoping this will be a good release.

The Great UnexpectedThe Ruby in the Smoke (Sally Lockhart, #1)Beezus and RamonaWhatever Love Is (21st century Austen, #6)City of Ghosts (Cassidy Blake, #1)Eyes of Darkness

The Great Unexpected - ⭐ | The Ruby in the Smoke - ⭐ | Beezus & Ramona - ⭐ | Whatever Love Is? - ⭐ | City of Ghosts - ⭐ | The Eyes of Darkness - 


Yep, I read a lot last week. I thought I was going to reach my April goal of 20 books so I read Beezus and Ramona, and Whatever Love Is? as they're both fairly short books. I really enjoyed The Great Unexpected - it was SO cute. I listened to the audiobook and I loved the narrator's southern accent. 

I also really enjoyed City of Ghosts and A Ruby in the Smoke. They were both thrilling reads that I thoroughly enjoyed! 

I was really disappointed with The Eyes of Darkness. I thought I was getting a pandemic book but instead I got a semi-horror paranormal romance thing. I was not happy.

Olivia TwistTomorrow

I'm not really enjoying Olivia Twist as much as I thought I would. I've actually put it down for a couple of days to read other things. I'm just not getting along with the characters that much. I also started Tomorrow which sounded SO good...I'm enjoying it but it's pretty slow. MEH.
The Wizards of Once (The Wizards of Once #1)

I loved Cressida Cowell's other books so I'm hoping I love this too!!

What books did you read last week?