For the first time in forever....a book haul!



Well, it's been a hot minute since I did a book haul. It used to be a constant feature on my blog as I have a spending issue tendency to raid the library and find good bargains!! I absolutely love doing book hauls and squawking about all the books that I'm excited to read...so here I am, ready to screech about books! 


Oh, look at the pretties!! I am SO EXCITED to read these. The Twisted Tree is my book club's book of the month. It's not what I'd generally read, but I read the first few pages and I was hooked. It's a ghost story/thriller and those are two genres I don't generally read...so this should be interesting. 

A Ruby in the Smoke is a mystery novel set in the 19th century. I've been feeling like a good mystery/historical fiction novel and this seems to fit the bill! 

10 Blind Dates sounds SO CUTE. The protagonist's grandmother gets her extended family to set Sophie up on ten different blind dates. That sounds adorable. Also why can't my family do that? I am very single and my mother is not helping the case by saying "He's not for you" about any guy who even remotely looks my way. If I'm still single at fifty, we know who to blame.


Shell also sounds super interesting! A girl basically gets cured from cancer by having her brain and eyes transplanted in someone else's body. I think it's going to be a good read.

When the Stars Leads to You sounds RIGHT UP MY ALLEY. I can't remember much about it except that the protagonist wants to study astrophysics. I also want to study astrophysics! RELATABLE.

I picked The Wizards of Once up from the library quite at random. I remember really enjoying the How to Train Your Dragon series back in the day (which was nine to ten years ago now...I'M OLD) so I'm hoping I like her new series too, especially now that I'm Grown™.

QUEEN OF NOTHING QUEEN OF NOTHING QUEEN OF NO-
I am so ready for this (or maybe not because it is Holly Black after all but I'll survive it'll be fineee).

CONFESSION: I am now into historical fiction. Or not really into it as I haven't actually read any yet, but I really want to! I had to read up a lot of history stuff for my Life in the UK test and I found it so interesting! I've been searching the shelves for all kinds of historical fiction and I found The Glittering Hour which is set in the 1920s and 30s and it sounds like it's going to be a heartbreaking love story.

The Truth About Lies is a YA mystery/thriller book which looks super good too!

Last but not least, I also borrowed the Ruby Redfort collection from my library's online collection and am working my way through them. They're so fun!


It's a romance that begins on numerous train journeys...SIGN ME UP.


Remember that historical fiction thing I mentioned earlier? WELL, I've heard Philippa Gregory writes some really good historical fiction so I bought some! Here's to hoping I like them.

These are some books I've recently acquired! What books have you added to your shelves lately? 💗