The Books I Hope to Read this Autumn!


Yes, I know I was supposed to post this last week but I'M SUPER BEHIND ON EVERYTHING. I'm still adjusting to working almost full-time. XD

Autumn is officially here! It was really chilly today. I used to hate autumn, but I've grown to absolutely love it! The sweaters, the hot cacao, the changing colours of the trees...there's something quite lovely about it.

A change in season means a change in my reading. With autumn, I like reading paranormal fantasy/fantasy. If there are any cosy/wintery contemporaries than sign me up - we need more of those! 

Below is a (tentative) list of the books I'm hoping to read this autumn! I'll be working two jobs from this week, so I'm not sure how much reading I'll be able to get done over the next few months - but hopefully quite a lot! 

1. Misty Falls and Angel Dares by Joss Stirling
I gobbled up the first three books via audiobooks, so I'm super excited to read the rest of the trilogy! They're super fun YA paranormal books. They have great characters, romances, and are utterly addictive! 

2. The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman
I've literally been keeping this book for autumn. I think it'll be the perfect book to read when the cool, dark nights creep in. Who doesn't want to read about regency era monster slayers in autumn?


A Russian inspired fantasy novel - yes, please! The synopsis mentions snow...so I'm sure it'll be a good read for late autumn/early winter! 

I've heard that this book is perfect for those cold, winter days. I've heard so many incredible things about Spinning Silver - I really hope I love it! I've really enjoyed the books two books I've read in her Temeraire series, and I quite enjoyed Uprooted too!

5. City of Brass by S.A. Chakraborty
This is a biiiggg book...and I think it will be perfect to read burrowed in warm blankets and with hot chocolate. I love reading fantasy books this time of this year and I think I'll love this!

6. Obsidian by Jennifer Armentrout 
I've had this book for aggeesss...but I still haven't read it. This series was huge in the blogosphere when I first started out and I really want to read it this autumn. I haven't read that many books with aliens, so this should be interesting.

7. The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa
This was another series that was huge when I first started blogging. I personally love reading fae books and I'm pretty sure I'm going to love this - I have a feeling!

8. Peril in Paris by Katherine Woodfine
I absolutely ADORED Woodfine's Sinclair's Mysteries series. I can't wait to read the spin-off series!



9. Tess of the Road by Rachel Hartman
I absolutely loved Seraphina. I can't wait to read the sequel as well as Tess of the Road. It's the perfect autumn reads!

10. The Polar Bear Explorers' Club by Alex Bell
I'm not even entirely sure what this is about, to be honest. But it looks hecka cute.


What books are you planning on reading this autumn? Also what's your favourite season?!