What I've Been Reading #40 - Non-fiction, YA contemporary, and smashing sequels!


Hello everyone!

I hope you've had a good Monday.

I've had a pretty good day. I did pilates outside in the sun (only for fifteen minutes before there were SO MANY BEES and I ran away screaming ahem), Bible study, went to the library and read, responded to emails...it's been a nice, relaxed day.

ALSO did you guys watch the Wimbledon men's final yesterday? They played so well! For Djokovic to come back from a championship point and win...that's some incredible tennis.🎾

I'm currently participating in the Biannual Bibliothon (the final round ever 😢) and it's going well! I feel like the past few months I haven't been reading as much, so I'm enjoying reading as much as I possibly can!

The Paper & Hearts Society (The Paper & Hearts Society #1)Queen of Ruin (Grace and Fury, #2)The Whole Brain Diet: the microbiome solution to heal depression, anxiety, and mental fog without prescription drugs

The Paper & Hearts Society - ⭐ | Queen of Ruin - ⭐ | The Whole Brain Diet - 

I finally read Lucy's book! It was really good. I read it in virtually one sitting as I couldn't put it down! Review to come soon.

I also read Queen of Ruin and AH IT WAS INCREDIBLE. I also read the majority of it in one sitting, but I had to take a break because it was SO INTENSE that I needed a breather haha!

I also read The Whole Brain Diet which looks at how diet affects mental health and clarity. I really enjoyed it and look forward to trying some of the recipes in the book!

Spellslinger (Spellslinger #1)The Ruins of Gorlan (Ranger's Apprentice, #1)

I'm trying to power through Spellslinger as I have to have it read for my book club this week! I'm really enjoying it. The main character reminds me slightly of Percy Jackson which is fun! I'm also listening to the audiobook of The Ruins of Gorlan. It's okay. I'm not super into it but it's not terrible.


Every Breath

I might read this next. It's going to be sad though and I think I'd rather read a happy, fluffy book but we'll see!

What are you hoping to read this week?