Top Ten Tuesday - Most Anticipated Releases for the First Half of 2019!

I'M SO EXCITED TO DO THIS POST. I haven't really looked into the books that are being published this year, save for the sequels to the books I read (and loved) in previous years. I can't wait to add some new books to my TBR (not like it needs books added to it but whatevs)!

January
The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)The Gilded Wolves (The Gilded Wolves, #1)Superman: Dawnbreaker (DC Icons, #4)StainJust For Clicks

January is SUCH good book month. After that ending of The Cruel Prince, I needed The Wicked King yesterday. I can't wait to see how things unfurl in this book. The Gilded Wolves is about Paris in the 19th century, a band of diverse characters and the hunt for an artifact. THIS SOUNDS SO GOOD. Superman...it's Superman, who is my favourite superhero. I NEED THIS LIKE AIR. Stain sounds amazing. I adored the Splintered trilogy - I can't wait to read this! Just for Clicks sounds ADORABLE. I love books that feature YouTube/social media. Muchly relatable. 

February
Four Dead QueensCrown of Feathers (Crown of Feathers #1)The Priory of the Orange TreeLast of Her Name

Four Dead Queens sounds like such an interesting read. Crown of Feathers has phoenixes, divided empires, sisters warring to be queen...I AM EXCITED. The Priory of the Orange Tree is about a divided world, a queen, dragon riders, a secret society - all the good stuff! Last of Her Name is a sci-fi and that's all I need to know. I NEED to read all the sci-fi this year!

March
Once & Future (Once & Future, #1)The Everlasting Rose (The Belles, #2)The PioneerLovely WarEyes on Me

Once & Future sounds so good. It's a gender-bent Arthur retelling with a teenage Merlin, and both of them are on a quest to bring peace to humankind. ALSO THAT COVER IS SO PRETTY. The Everlasting Rose is another book I'm super excited for. I LOVED The Belles, so I can't wait to dive back into the world! The Pioneer is about a girl whose new home is a new planet who discovers terrifying secrets about it. SIGN ME UP. Lovely War sounds AMAZING. It's a historical fiction novel with mythology entwined. It's about two starcrossed couples and it sounds super good. Eyes on Me sounds like a super cute, fluffy contemporary. We need more of those! 

April
If I'm Being HonestYou'd Be MineWhen I Was SummerSince We Last SpokeThrough the White WoodAurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1)The Devouring GraySky Without Stars (System Divine, #1)

If I'm Being Honest sounds like a super cute YA contemporary with potential for great character development. You'd Be Mine and When I Was Summer are both are bands, music and self-discovery. THEY SOUND AMAZING. Since We Last Spoke sounds absolutely heartbreaking. Also: GORGEOUS cover. Through the White Wood is a companion novel to Beyond the Darkened Shore, which is on my January TBR pile. It's got a girl who can freeze things with her bare hands (Elsa, is that you?) and a love interest who can summon fire with his hands. They need to stop an army that can literally take on the world. I need this. Aurora Rising because Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman writing space novels gives me LIFE. The Devouring Gray apparently has elements of Riverdale, Stranger Things and The Raven Boys. I haven't watched/read any of these, but a lot of people are excited about this. It does sound super good. Sky Without Stars is about a group of three people who are planning a revolution. It's a sci-fi retelling of Les Miserables which sounds preeeetty epic.

May
Finale (Caraval, #3)Dark Shores (Dark Shores, #1)Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1)With the Fire on HighDEV1AT3 (Lifelike, #2)Somewhere Only We KnowAgain, But Better

Finale is a book I didn't think I'd be excited for, BUT I SO AM. I read Caraval and reaaallly didn't like it but decided to give Legendary a go. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT. I can't wait for Finale! Dark Shores has pirates and secrets and apparently meddling gods. IT SOUNDS SO GOOD. Spin the Dawn has suuuuuch a gorgeous cover! It's marketed as Mulan meets Project Runway, which is a mashup I didn't know I needed until now. Goodreads says "Project Runway meets Mulan in this sweeping YA fantasy about a young girl who poses as a boy to compete for the role of imperial tailor and embarks on an impossible journey to sew three magic dresses, from the sun, the moon, and the stars." - AMAZING. Fire on High is about a teen mom who wants to chase her culinary dreams despite all the odds that are against her. DEV1AT3 - I NEED. That ending of LIFEL1K3 killed me, and I need the sequel. Somewhere Only We Know sounds like the cutest YA contemporary EVER! Again, but Better is a novel that sounds right up my alley! I LOVE Christine's YouTube channel; I can't wait to read her book.

June
Blood Heir (Blood Heir, #1)The BeholderThe Paper & Hearts Society: Book 1Technically, You Started It

Blood Heir is about a fugitive princess on the hunt for a murderer, an underground crime lord and a new monarch who will only bring ruin. THIS SOUNDS AMAZING. The Beholder is about the daughter of a leader who has to go on a voyage to find a suitable suitor. IT SOUNDS SO GOOD. The Paper & Hearts Society is by one of my first ever blogging friends! AHHH!! Her book sounds so amazing, and I'm so proud of her, and I can't wait to read this. <3 Technically, You Started It is about..."When a guy named Martin Nathaniel Munroe II texts you, it should be obvious who you're talking to. Except there's two of them (it's a long story), and Haley thinks she's talking to the one she doesn't hate.

A question about a class project rapidly evolves into an all-consuming conversation. Haley finds that Martin is actually willing to listen to her weird facts and unusual obsessions, and Martin feels like Haley is the first person to really see who he is. Haley and Martin might be too awkward to hang out in real life, but over text, they're becoming addicted to each other.

There's just one problem: Haley doesn't know who Martin is. And Martin doesn't know that Haley doesn't know. But they better figure it out fast before their meet-cute becomes an epic meet-disaster...". If that doesn't sound straight-up adorable, I don't know what does.

AHHH 2019 LOOKS AMAZING IN TERMS OF BOOKS. I CAN'T WAIT TO READ THESE!!! Which 2019 release are you most excited for?!