#Underratedbooksneedlovetoo - Hidden gems you NEED to read!

FINALLY. A chance for me to screech at you to read books that you probably haven't heard much of before. I'M SO EXCITED. I really hope you'll give some of these a try. They truly do deserve all the love.

I've read quite a lot of good books this year. A lot of those said books haven't been that hyped in the book community. Maybe they were when they were first released, but since then, they're not spoken of much anymore, which is tragic because THEY'RE SO GOOD. 


Please read these (I'll love you forever):
1. Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson
Okay, I don't know if this can technically be counted as underrated or a hidden gem, as it is Brandon Sanderson we're talking about here. HOWEVER, I'm going to include it, because although the Mistborn series is frequently talked of, I rarely ever hear people mention the Reckoners trilogy. THUS IT HAS MADE AN APPEARANCE ON THIS LIST. Guys, this trilogy is SO GOOD. 

If you're a fan of:
 ❤ Sassy main characters
 PLOT TWISTS GALORE
 Superheroes turned evil 
A kiiiind of unrequited love

THEN THIS IS FOR YOU! 

2. All the Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater
I LOVE THIS BOOK I LOVE THIS BOOK I LOVE THIS BOOK. It hasn't got the best Goodreads rating, and it was nowhere near as hyped as The Raven Cycle and Shiver series, BUT IT'S SO GOOD. I reread it immediately after finishing it. That has happened once before. It's strange and whimsical but also rich in poetic language and metaphors. I'd honestly love to analyse that book, as on my second reading there was even more depth than the first time around.

If you like your novels to include:
FAMILY!!! Lots of family!
❤ Facing your inner darkness
❤ Writing that is so scrumptious you just want to live and breathe it
❤ A book set in the Colorado desert
❤ Miracles

THEN THIS IS FOR YOU! 

3. Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
I loaned this from the library last week and regretted not having my own copy to read because, again, I wanted to analyse this book to my heart's content. I did order my own copy afterwards; it arrived today in such a bad state, I have to return it. CRY. ANYWAY, this book isn't for everyone. In fact, when I first tried reading it several years ago, I DNFED IT (oh, fetus Kyra, you terror). BUT IT'S ACTUALLY SO AMAZING AND I LOVE IT SO MUCH. I think this may have been hyped when it first came out...but now no one speaks of it. WE MUST SPEAK MORE OF THE FORGOTTEN BACKLIST BOOKS.

You'll love this if you're a fan of:
DRAGONS!!! And dragons as you've never really seen them before. They're emotionally cold and brilliantly clever and can take human form.
The most sensible, odd, lovable, kind, unique protagonist
❤ Bittersweet romance that is a minor subplot (if you want a book heavy on romance, 'tis probably not for you - yet I still loved it. And I love romance. SO YOU MIGHT LOVE IT TOO!!)
❤ POLITICS AND FANTTTAASSSTIC WORLD-BUILDING
❤ Absolutely amaaazing writing!



4. Two by Two by Nicholas Sparks
Again, it probably doesn't count putting a Nicholas Sparks book on here because...it's Nicholas Sparks. Everyone knows Nicholas Sparks. HOWEVER, I feel like his latest books haven't been talked about that much? This was the second NS book I read, and (which comes as surprise to no one) I loved it. It is slow going in the beginning, but it really picks up. It explores the effects of infidelity, betrayal, death and love. It's got the sweetest protagonist (Russ is an utter romantic and must be protected at all costs) and brilliant family dynamics! It wasn't a perfect read, but I still LOVEEEED IT. 

If you like reading about this, you'll probably love it:
❤ FAMILY!
❤ CHILDHOOD SWEETHEARTS! 
❤ Love, life...and death (this is Nicholas Sparks we're talking about)
The nicest protagonist
❤ ...Family, again! This book isn't that heavy on the romance, but it has got sweet moments. Family plays a KEY role though!



5. The Murderer's Ape by Jakob Wegelius 
This was THE cutest middle-grade book ever. Not only that, but it's an incredibly aesthetically pleasing book. It has a map in. A really pretty map.

If you like:
❤ Middle-grade novels that really hit you in the feels
❤ Simple writing that makes everything 10x more emotional (you get me?)
❤ The most wonderful characters
❤ FRIENDSHIP
❤ Courage, determination and a whole lot of love
❤ It's set in Lisbon and India. I never read about Lisbon and India, so that was AWESOME

THEN THIS BOOK IS FOR YOU!

6. Satellite by Nick Lake
I cried 5 times in the first 180 pages. The writing was so unique and had so many heartfelt quotes in it - MY EMOTIONS WERE WRECKED. A lot of people DNFed this book due to the writing though - the book has no capital letters and is sometimes written in text speak. Like instead of "see" being written, it'll rather be "c"; "and" was written as "&". It was quite disorientating initially, but once I got used to it, I was able to love the story. 

If you love:
❤ A unique premise (boy born in space moving to Earth and trying to live there!!)
❤ FAMILIA 
SO MANY EMOTIONS
❤ Diversity
❤ SUSPENSE AND LIEESSS

Then you'll love this!



7. Dangerous Lies by Becca Fitzpatrick
I've never really seen this book around the blogosphere. I used to see a lot of reviews for the books in the Hush Hush series, but not many for Dangerous Lies! I picked this up from the library, as I've read all Fitzpatrick's books except this one. It was SO GOOD. I wasn't expecting much but I LOVED IT.

If you like reading about:
❤ Bratty characters who have THE MOST AMAZING CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT
❤ Morally grey characters
❤ Fast-paced books
❤ ROMANCEEE
❤ SUSPENSE
❤ Wonderful relationship dynamics and development within those relationships!

THEN YOU'LL (HOPEFULLY) LOVE THIS!

8. Every Hidden Thing by Kenneth Opel
I haven't seen this book on any blog posts, but I'm telling you guys, it's such a fun read! It's marketed as Indiana Jones meets Romeo and Juliet. An odd combination, but it works!!

It has:
❤ DINOSAUR BONES
❤ Oui oui, archaeology is a heavy feature in this book
❤ A female protagonist who lives for science and nothing will stand in her way to becoming a scientist
❤ It's set in the 1900s, so Rachel (the protagonist) has to overcome difficulties in her pursuit of studying
❤ The romance is kind of insta-lovey but somehow it works
❤ It takes place in the badlands of Nebraska (I think. Don't hold me to that) and the descriptions are so cool

It's weird and wonderful!



9. All Fall Down by Ally Carter
MY SECOND ALLY CARTER BOOK AND I LOVED IT. I haven't seen this series talked about that much...um, why not?! It's amazing! I have the third book waiting for me at the library; I literally cannot wait to read it.

If you liiiike:
A main character who is reckless and rebellious, sensitive and traumatised and SO SASSY
AN AMAZING GUY FRIEND WHO IS THE NICEST <3
PLOT. TWISTS.
Politics, mystery and suspense
An unreliable narrator
FAST-PACED
Diversittyyy

THEN YOU'LL LOVE THIS! it's so good pls read it so we can fangirl together kthx



10. If There's No Tomorrow by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I JUST READ THIS AND IT WAS SO GOOD, BUT I'VE HEARD NOBODY SPEAKING ABOUT IT?! It deals with survivor's guilt and drunk driving. It's heartbreaking but amazing and PLEASE READ IT. MY REVIEW WILL BE UP THIS WEEK. 

If you like your books to contain:
❤ Characters who love books
❤ Friends-to-lovers
❤ Childhood sweethearts
❤ Tragedy
❤ POSITIVE THERAPY EXPERIENCES
❤ Female friendships!!

You'll love this!

Have you read any of these? Do you want to read any of these?